Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Why do I (We) Do This To Ourselves?

It is mandated that we go to school, at least, from Kindergarden- our 16th birthdays. Some of us go through High school. Then some of us to college. For what? Ultamately it is for money. But some choose a carreer that says here I am. Is it worth the money, time, and studing when we could be haveing fun. Instead we are stuck in a build two or more days a week. When, we are not inside we are working on papers or studing for classs, and then we work. It is a viscous cycle. That basicly is boiled down to money. The better of an education we get the better paid we become. If this is so, why are so many of us out of work? There are some collage grads that make 6 dollars an hour. Hmm! this is so wrong. We go bankrupt to get an education and then have to work meaningless jobs to pay for life. Until we find the job we went to school for, if that ever happens.

5 comments:

Jeffy said...

Join a band, it will take care of itself.

Rachel said...

Ryan -

I think you make an excellent point here. My mom got her bachelor's degree when she was in her 20's and it didn't pay off for her until she was in her mid-thirties. Another aggravating thing about the employment industry is that a lot of them want you to have previous experience in the field. But how are you supposed to get experience if no one will hire you/give you the opportunity to get some?

Jeff - not all of us are talented enough (or interested enough) to dedicate our lives to music.

Jeffy said...

Ma'am....

You don't need talent ot interest!

Blink 182 (or any emo or pop punk)
Milli Vinilli
Any pop music
Rush

that's just 5 seconds of thinking!

Ryan said...

Rachel-
Thank you for agreeing with me. But are you saying that I am not talented enough to join a band??
I know what u are saying I have no ambishion to join a band.

Jeff-
Like anitboatics, music is not a cure for all.

Anonymous said...

Why is everything so depressing to me now? Perhaps I have a chemical imballance, and need to see a doctor. What could medication do for me, I wonder? Well, I'm not bi-polor, so at least the genetic train didn't hit me there.

You must find something you love to do or learn about. Something you have a passion for. For me, it is Anatomy/nutrition. For jeff, it's music. For rachel, art. Nick seems to love polotics. Alex has a passion for the filming industry. I believe there is something for everyone, you just have to find it. As for money, I don't like that aspect, but it's how the world's economy's work. It's not pretty, but it is what it is. Our lives are not fantasies, and they only depress me more sometimes.

I want to travel the world. I think Im going to do this one day, when I feel like my goals have been acomplished, and I am aging. Money is not an issue; I will be homeless if thats what it takes- I do not want to waste away without ever leaving the continent.